Notorious Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Notorious Warriors

Notorious Warriors HeadQuarters

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

favorite books

Go down 
+5
armybrat2k
AshSavior
Rufina
Pantherd
svalic
9 posters
AuthorMessage
svalic
Squire
svalic

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-05-07

favorite books Empty
PostSubject: favorite books   favorite books I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 11:50 pm

thought it would be fun to talk about ur favorite books. i always am looking for good ones!

my favorite book is "enders game" by orson scott card
Back to top Go down
Pantherd
Admin
Pantherd

Number of posts : 44

favorite books Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite books   favorite books I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 12:20 am

I like this idea. maybe it should be moved to the movies area. I would like to see a separate folder for each book so that people could rate the book up to 10 for the highest and give their take on it.

1) Dune by mr scientologist L Ron Hubbard

2) Elric series by Michael Moorcock

D
Back to top Go down
Rufina
Knight
Rufina

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-05-08

favorite books Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite books   favorite books I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 5:23 am

the big over easy and sequels by jasper fforde are brilliant, actualy anything by jasper fforde is great. very funny stuff Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AshSavior
Peasant

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-05-09

favorite books Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite books   favorite books I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 6:28 am

hands down my favorite book is Battle Royale. By Koushun Takami
Back to top Go down
armybrat2k
Squire
armybrat2k

Number of posts : 29

favorite books Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite books   favorite books I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 9:55 am

Amber Room...The Fate of the World's Greatest Lost Treasure by Catherine Scott-Clark and Adrian Levy.
Back to top Go down
Bezelbub
Turd

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-05-12

favorite books Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite books   favorite books I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:19 am

The entire Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan RIP.
Back to top Go down
Cliodhna
Turd
Cliodhna

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-05-08

favorite books Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite books   favorite books I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 6:37 pm

I don't have a favorite book per say but I do love reading. My favorite aurthors would be Harlan Coben, Dean Koontz, and Stephen King. I will read anything by these men. Another book that I read everyday is the Holy Bible.
Back to top Go down
LadyDragonside
Peasant
LadyDragonside

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-05-22

favorite books Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite books   favorite books I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 7:06 pm

I don't have a favorite book either but will read almost anything.
I like Stephen King (Gerald's Game is probably my favorite of his),
Virginia and VC Andrews (Flowers in the Attic etc.)
and at the moment I'm reading The Giant Book of Killer Women (true stories from around the world). Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
KillCraze
The Spaminator
KillCraze

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2008-05-09

favorite books Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite books   favorite books I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 4:48 am

I must say the bible is a great book. It's a great story line, with plenty of plot twists to keep you on the edge of your seat the whole way through.
However it contradicts itself so much. The change between old and new testament is quite bizarre.

In the old testament God seems to be like the old Greek Gods who send tests to their followers and generally treat them quite harshly.
I read one part of a Christian story where God burns down this guys village, kills his wife and children just to see if the guy will still follow him at the end. Wierd, but interesting.

Anyway,
I generally prefer fantasy books. Anything with swords and war in it is good for me. Throw in some magic, dragons and erotic parts and there you have one of my favourite books.
I must say I will read and most likely enjoy anything written by Chris Bunch. He is a legendary writer and the one who has inspired me to write my own books.
I've read two of his series'.
The Dragon Master series and The Seer King series.

I really do recommend these books as they are great literature. Well written and interesting all the way through.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

favorite books Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite books   favorite books I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

favorite books
Page 1 of 1