Notorious Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Notorious Warriors

Notorious Warriors HeadQuarters

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors...

Go down 
+4
Dragonside
Jay
Rufina
Pookey
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Pookey
Peasant
Pookey

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors... Empty
PostSubject: Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors...   Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors... I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 6:57 pm

Welcome to the Notorious Warriors Recipe page....

I love cooking dishes from around the world..... So.... i thought it would be rather good if we had a recipe section where we could post recipes from where we come from.... or versions of "classics" but with a continental twist....!

Post, request and chat about recipes, ingredients or anything else food related here!

I look forward to trying your recipes...

Pookey
(Culinary wizard of the UK)
Back to top Go down
Rufina
Knight
Rufina

Number of posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors...   Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors... I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 2:02 am

well there certainly won't be a recipy for beef wellington. ITS NOT REAL. svalic made one up but it wont work

here is my recipe for canned spaggetti
1 use can opener to open can
2 empty contents of can into a microwave save bowl (VERY IMPORTANT)
3 add cheese, lots of cheeese
4 stir contents twice anticlockwise and then half a stir anticlockwise
5 repeat twice more (3 in total)
6 microwave for 2 minutes (thats 2 minutes for those who dont use the metric system)
7 stir seven times anticlockwise and then once or twice clockwise (depending on the type of chees used once for mozerella twice for chedar)
8 return to the microwave for a further minute (exactly half as long as last time)

note: to avoid having to clean up it is advisable to cover the spaggetti but ONLY when in the microwave or else you will have difficulty stirring

Rufina
culinary guru of New Zealand

afterthought, if anyone from australia DARES to post a recipe for pavlova and falsely and untruthfully try to claim it is an australian dish, there will be HELL to pay

Last edited by Rufina on Sat May 10, 2008 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jay
Co-Leader
Jay

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors...   Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors... I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 4:34 pm

Well... you may want to try Pasteis de Belém ... they're a traditional pastry from Lisbon and oh my... I haven't heard of a single tourist who didn't absolutely love it.

Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors... 5029_28

They don't look good, but they taste great!

I found a recipe but it's rather big so I'll just leave the link:

http://www.leitesculinaria.com/recipes/port/pasteis_belem.html
Back to top Go down
Dragonside
Peasant
Dragonside

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors...   Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors... I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 9:17 pm

Try a cheese and vegemite toasted sandwich.

Just cook some toast, put on some vegemite and a slice of cheese, then put it under the grill to melt the cheese.

I guarantee you won't taste anything like it again. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spiff
Peasant
Spiff

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors...   Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors... I_icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 8:35 am

So vegemite isn't just a line from a classic Men-At-Work song??

Actually, being a hick from Ohio, I have heard of vegemite and I have also heard that it is an "acquired" taste. So, give it to me straight, how's it taste?
Back to top Go down
Dragonside
Peasant
Dragonside

PostSubject: Re: Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors...   Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors... I_icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 8:03 pm

I personally think it looks like congealed crude oil and tastes about the same,(I hate the shit, I can't even stand the smell of it!) My missus and kids love it though.

The only way to tell if you like it or not is try it. I could send you some if you like. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
KillCraze
The Spaminator
KillCraze

Number of posts : 154

PostSubject: Re: Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors...   Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors... I_icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 7:29 am

Pookey, I reckon you should come cook me some food. I could be your taste tester Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rufina
Knight
Rufina

PostSubject: Re: Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors...   Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors... I_icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 9:51 am

KillCraze wrote:
Pookey, I reckon you should come cook me some food. I could be your taste tester Very Happy

you just want to get dominated dont you?!
Back to top Go down
KillCraze
The Spaminator
KillCraze

PostSubject: Re: Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors...   Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors... I_icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 12:03 pm

Damn, you saw right through my plan :p

I also want nice food Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spiff
Peasant
Spiff

PostSubject: Re: Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors...   Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors... I_icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 9:35 pm

Dragonside wrote:
I personally think it looks like congealed crude oil and tastes about the same,(I hate the shit, I can't even stand the smell of it!) My missus and kids love it though.

The only way to tell if you like it or not is try it. I could send you some if you like. Twisted Evil

I don't know...I'd love to try it once just to say I have. And, how could I resist with the wonderful description that you have provided???

I have eaten some interesting and sometimes nasty things in my life before, so how bad can it be, right?

I don't even know if they sell something like that around here...
Back to top Go down
Pantherd
Admin
Pantherd

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors...   Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors... I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 12:54 am

Spiff, that Nazgul avatag is bad ass. I am going to have to get me one of those.
Back to top Go down
Rufina
Knight
Rufina

PostSubject: Re: Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors...   Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors... I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 1:32 am

Dragonside wrote:
I personally think it looks like congealed crude oil and tastes about the same,(I hate the shit, I can't even stand the smell of it!)

an aussie that doesnt like vegemite??? that counts as high treason in oz! as well as blasphemy heresy and witchcraft! you should deffinately be burned at the stake for that. personaly i love that stuff, and with cheese on top, just grilled it is magic. *looks for a smily called :orgasm:*
Back to top Go down
The KingSlayer
Admin
The KingSlayer

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors...   Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors... I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 9:48 am

Dragonside wrote:
Try a cheese and vegemite toasted sandwich.

Just cook some toast, put on some vegemite and a slice of cheese, then put it under the grill to melt the cheese.

I guarantee you won't taste anything like it again. Very Happy

I temporarily added something special for dragon and co. in the music playlist, right above the cluster of "Tool" near the bottom of the list. Enjoy ! Razz
Back to top Go down
Rufina
Knight
Rufina

PostSubject: Re: Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors...   Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors... I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 12:30 pm

why temporarily?? leave it there its fantastic!
Back to top Go down
Dragonside
Peasant
Dragonside

PostSubject: Re: Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors...   Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors... I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 2:29 am

You can buy Vegemite in the US at http://evryaustralian.stores.yahoo.net/ or www.about-australia-shop.com

You can buy it in the UK at http://www.australianfoodonline.co.uk/

Hope that helps anyone willing to give it a try. cheers
Back to top Go down
Spiff
Peasant
Spiff

PostSubject: Re: Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors...   Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors... I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 9:41 am

I can't imagine that I am even considering trying vegemite considering everything I've heard. Although, and Pantherd can understand this, I was in Owensboro, KY, at some sort of hick-fest and I tasted groundhog and possum, among other wild game.

Thanks for the info!
Back to top Go down
KillCraze
The Spaminator
KillCraze

PostSubject: Re: Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors...   Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors... I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 12:34 pm

What is vegemite?
Is it like marmite?
Cause if it is I won't like it.
Back to top Go down
Dragonside
Peasant
Dragonside

PostSubject: Re: Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors...   Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors... I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 4:08 am

It's sort of like marmite but in my opinion it's worse! Just think of congealed beer! (it's basically yeast spread)
Back to top Go down
Rufina
Knight
Rufina

PostSubject: Re: Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors...   Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors... I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 4:47 am

personally i think vegemite is much more tasty, because its stronger. i have such a longing for vegemite now........... i cant wait to go home and eat some
Back to top Go down
Pookey
Peasant
Pookey

PostSubject: Re: Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors...   Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 2:39 pm

KillCraze wrote:

Yeah baby yeah Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pookey
Peasant
Pookey

PostSubject: Recipe for Pookey M Chops garlic chicken   Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 2:59 pm

This is a recipe that i have adapted from "40 clove chicken"... If you've ever cooked that - you'll know that it needs slow cooking so that the garlic gets sweet and the chicken tender - in the recipe below - i have added sherry as i think it tastes nicer - the chicken is nicer and more tender because of Pookeys special method...

i havent put exact quantities as i dont use them myself - but the sauce should be the thickeness of double cream (ish) - depending on your sherry quality you may need to adjust the seasoning - salt/pepper/sugar.

What you'll need for 2 people

Chicken - 2 breasts thinly sliced
Dry sherry - about 2 cups
Garlic - 6 cloves
Plain flour - enought to coat the sliced chicken thoroughly
Salt - to taste
Onions - 2 medium sliced
Chicken stock - 1/2 cup
Ground white pepper - to taste
Sugar - to taste
Olive Oil

Season the flour with salt and pepper whilst your heating up the a pan with about 6 tablespoons of oil (90ml) to a medium/high heat.

Put the chicken slices in a bag with the seasoned flour and shake so that all of the slices are coated. Shake of any excess flour left. Put chicken in the pan with heated oil and cook until slightly golden (no more than 5 minutes).

Remove chicken and set aside.

Add sliced onion, some salt and pepper and crushed garlic to the pan and cook slowly (you'll probably want to reduce the heat a liitle) until the onions are translucent - probably around 10 minutes - make sure the garlic doesnt burn!

Turn the heat up high for a minute and get the pan nice and hot (keep your onions in) and then add the sherry - let the alchohol evaporate and then at some chicken stock - once that is bubbling add the chicken and cooke on a slow heat for 10 minutes.

Add the salt/pepper/sugar to taste.

Serve with some fried rice and roasted peppers.

This is one of my faves.

pookey M chops
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors...   Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worldwide Recipes from the Notorious Warriors...
Page 1 of 1